The research Internship scheme provides an opportunity for young individuals to expose themselves to cutting edge research. It best suits individuals who have been in college relatively recently and wishes to move on to pursue a PhD or to positions in government research institutions, or firms that require a quantitative, qualitative and analytic orientation.
The opportunity will be open to undergraduate and graduate students. Strong motivation is critical. Our work environment will give candidates opportunities to learn and participate in research. Candidates should be keenly interested in our core areas of research and be able to derive benefit from our work in these areas.
The duties of the interns include but not necessarily be limited to
- Assist and collaborate with IIMAD researchers on projects
- Conducting literature reviews.
- Conducting household/ individual interviews as part of fieldwork.
- Assist with data entry and analysis to execute the research projects.
- Compiling accurate and timely data
- Writing research and policy articles of good quality.
- Provide policy inputs and papers targeted for publication at quality journals.
Mode of Application & Selection
- The institute accepts interns throughout the year as per needs and applications received.
- Internship at IIMAD will be strictly based on the themes published by the institute alone.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to send their CV, References and Statement of Purpose along with duly filled application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected.
- References may be obtained from the faculty members of the related colleges/institutions of the respective applicants.
- Candidates not selected earlier, if interested, are requested to apply afresh.
Duration & Details
- The internship will be a minimum for a period of 1 (one) month for undergraduate students & 2 (two) months for postgraduate students extendable based on the needs of the research project/institute and the performance of the intern.
- Exceptional performers might be considered for further extension (the total internship period may be for a maximum period of 4 months with a provision for renewal every month).
- Interns are expected to spend at least 30 hours per week in the programme and will be working under close supervision of the research team at IIMAD.
- The interns should necessarily complete the 2 months internship period after selection and if he/she decides to terminate the same, a notice period of at least one month must be served.
- If under any circumstances, the intern is unable to serve the notice period he/she would not be awarded the certification of completion.
- The internship will be unpaid in nature.
- The Institute reserves the right to terminate the internship with a notice period of one month without giving any reason.
- The interns shall have no right/claim for an appointment in the IIMAD by virtue of their internship.
- IIMAD will provide office space, internet connectivity and other support facilities to the interns.
- Interns will be required to make accommodation arrangements of their own.
- This position is completely voluntary in nature and no payment will be provided for the same.
Themes of Research
Depending on the qualifications, experience and interests of the intern selected, the internship programme at IIMAD provides supervised experience in areas of:
a) Migration b) Demography c) Ageing, Health & Development d) Economics
Please send your email attaching the prescribed application form with the required documents to email@example.com