The research Internship scheme provides an opportunity for young individuals to expose themselves to cutting edge research. It best suits individuals who have been in college relatively recently and wishes to move on to pursue a PhD or to positions in government research institutions, or firms that require a quantitative, qualitative and analytic orientation.
Mode of Application & Selection
- The institute accepts interns throughout the year as per needs and applications received.
- Internship at IIMAD will be strictly based on the themes published by the institute alone.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to fill the registration form: https://forms.gle/QQJFky8rh7YkeTz58
- Candidates not selected earlier, if interested, are requested to apply afresh.
Duration & Details
- The internship will be for a minimum period of 2 weeks and is extendable based on the needs of the research project/institute and the performance of the intern.
- Exceptional performers might be considered for further extension (the total internship period may be for a maximum period of 4 months with a provision for renewal every month).
- Interns are expected to spend at least 30 hours per week in the programme and will be working under close supervision of the research team at IIMAD.
- The internship will be unpaid in nature.
- The interns shall have no right/claim for an appointment in the IIMAD by virtue of their internship.
- IIMAD will provide office space, internet connectivity and other support facilities to the interns.
- Interns will be required to make accommodation arrangements of their own. (Assistance can be requested).
- This position is completely voluntary in nature and no payment will be provided for the same.
Themes of Research
Depending on the qualifications, experience and interests of the intern selected, the internship programme at IIMAD provides supervised experience in areas of:
a) Migration b) Demography c) Ageing, Health & Development d) Economics
Name of the Account: The International Institute of Migration and Development
Name of the Bank: Union Bank
Bank Address: T C 3/21(18) Mathews Arcade, Kesavadasapuram, Pattom Palace, Trivandrum 695 004
Account Number: 545101010050227
IFSC/ NEFT/RTGS: UBIN0554511