Introduction to STATA
Become an expert in advanced statistical analysis with STATA in a week.
Date of Course commencement June 27, 2022
Class Timings 6 pm to 8 pm IST
Become an expert in statistical analysis with the most extended STATA course in 5 days
Are you a student or a PhD candidate? An academic researcher looking to improve your statistical analysis skills? Are you dreaming to get a job in the statistical analysis field someday? Are you simply passionate about quantitative analysis? This course is for you, no doubt about it.
Within a very short time, you will master all the essential skills of a STATA data analyst, from the simplest operations with data to the advanced multivariate techniques. The good news is that you don’t need any previous experience with STATA. If you know the very basic statistical concepts, that will do.
And you don’t need to be a mathematician or a statistician to take this course. This course was specially conceived for people who are not professional mathematicians – all the statistical procedures are presented in a simple, straightforward manner, avoiding the technical jargon and the mathematical formulas as much as possible. The formulas are used only when it is absolutely necessary, and they are thoroughly explained.
Very important: this is not just a STATA tutorial. It does not only show you which menu to select or which button to click in order to run some procedures. This is a hands-on statistical analysis course in the proper sense of the word.
For each statistical procedure the following pieces of information are provided:
- a short, but comprehensive description (so you understand what that technique can do for you)
- how to perform the procedure in STATA (live)
- how to interpret the main output, so you can check your hypotheses and find the answers you need for your research)
Who is this course for
- PhD candidates
- Academic researchers
- Business researchers
- University teachers
- Anyone looking for a job in the statistical analysis field
- Anyone who is passionate about quantitative research
What you’ll learn
Perform simple operations with data: define variables, recode variables, create dummy variables, select and weight cases, split files
- Perform simple operations with data: define variables, recode variables, create dummy variables, select and weight cases, split files
- Perform the basic data analysis procedures: Frequencies, Descriptives, Explore, Means, Crosstabs
- built the most useful charts in STATA: column charts, line charts, scatterplot charts, boxplot diagrams
- detect the outliers in a data series (with numeric and graphic methods)
- test the hypothesis of normality (with numeric and graphic methods)
- transform variables
- perform the main one-sample analyses: one-sample t-test, binomial test, chi-square for the goodness of fit
- perform the tests of association: Pearson and Spearman correlation, partial correlation, chi-square test for association, log-linear analysis
- execute the analyses for means comparison: t-test, between-subjects ANOVA, repeated-measures ANOVA, nonparametric tests (Mann-Whitney, Wilcoxon, Kruskal-Wallis etc.)
- perform the regression analysis (simple and multiple regression, logistic regression)
- Able to use STATA software for data analysis in research
- Able to comprehend basic and inferential statistics in research
- Empowered to handle independently data analysis in research
The course fee is ₹1000 for normal participants of the course. However, a discount of ₹500 will be provided to the participants of our ongoing online course “Techniques and Analysis in Migration Research”.
(Please note that this discount is only applicable for participants who have not previously availed a discount).
The International Institute of Migration and Development (IIMAD) will provide technical support for the course. If you need help with installation and access to course materials, please contact the IIMAD Help Desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to the course coordinator Mr Nelgyn Tennyson.
Mode of Payment: Online Transfer
Name of the Account: The International Institute of Migration and Development
Name of the Bank: Union Bank
Bank Address: T C 3/21(18) Mathews Arcade, Kesavadasapuram, Pattom Palace, Trivandrum 695 004
Account Number: 545101010050227
IFSC/ NEFT/RTGS: UBIN0554511
SWIFT CODE: UBININBBKHU